One of the main weaknesses of mankind is the average man’s familiarity with the word Ímpossible.
He knows all the rules which will NOT work. He knows all the things which CANNOT be done.
- Napoleon Hill
We are a young, skilled, ambitious, values-led, driven and dynamic commercial law firm that is black-owned and black-managed. We offer expert legal advice and guidance to corporate and individual clients in commercial matters. Our lawyers have deep experience in the areas of law that they practice which enables them to champion their clients’ legal needs and deliver commercially relevant and bespoke, legal solutions in a prompt and cost-effective manner.
As a firm, we are driven to succeed and grow as we assist our clients do the same. Our success and growth will come from our consistently delivering valued services to out clients. In line with our value that calls on us to be client-centric, our aim always is to:
- act with integrity, professionalism and responsibility;
- allocate the resources best placed to deliver our clients’ mandate; and
- develop close ties with our clients so as to ensure we intimately know their business and therefore be able to deliver practical and relevant legal advice to our clients.
“There is only one boss. The Customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down simply by spending his money somewhere else.” - Sam Walton, founder of Walmart.
We aim to be excellent in all we do. We accept the the challenge that is implicit in the words:
"Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical, and expecting more than others think is possible.” - Ronnie Oldman
Our core ideology is the enduring character of our firm – it transcends market life cycles, management fads and individual leaders and is a source of guidance and inspiration. It provides the glue that holds our firm together as it grows, expands, decentralises.
Our Mission is our picture of what we aspire to become in the medium term.
Our purpose is:
To be the leading top-tier commercial law firm in Africa, providing innovative, strategic, meaningful and practical solutions to "bet the company" corporate and/or commercial legal matters faced by our clients.
This is our reason for being - our idealistic motivations for doing the work we do in the way we do it. Our purpose is our Guiding star – forever pursued.
Our mission, which we are determined to realise, is ambitious. This vision (or BHAG Big, Audacious, Hairy Goal – as we like to call it) is:
By 2025, to become a large, full-service, top-tier ranked, black-owned and black managed law firm, doing complex, high-level corporate/ commercial work, providing a viable and realistic alternative to the traditional Big 5 law firms in South Africa.
In order to realise our vision and in pursuance of our core purpose, we will:
- work as one firm to form, develop and maintain relationships with our clients, which relationship will allow us in-depth knowledge of the operations and aims of our clients and enable us to craft relevant, strategic and innovative solutions to legal matters they may be grappling with;
- work on our relationships internally to ensure that we will win as a team and each person, regardless of position, will share in that success;
- structure ourselves such that, in everything we do, we will make it as easy as possible to work with each other and importantly for our clients to deal with us. work such that our "advertising" will be done for us by all those who have dealings with us, including our clients; and
- seek to build a firm that will long outlive its founders and forever transform the South African legal market.
Black owned and black managed commercial law firms will no longer be small players in the South African/ African legal market and will be amongst the market leaders. In our efforts, we focus our attention on building the new and not on fighting the old (to paraphrase the eminent Greek philosopher Socrates).
We believe. We trust you will join us on this journey.
“It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first.” - Miyamoto Musashi (16th Century Japanese swordsman and strategist).